If you’re like most people, you probably love ice cream cake. It’s the perfect combination of two delicious desserts in one! But if you’ve ever tried to transport it, you know that it can be a real challenge. The cake tends to melt quickly, and it can be difficult to keep it from getting ruined. In this blog post, we will discuss how to transport ice cream cake without melting it. Follow these tips and you’ll be able to enjoy your delicious dessert without any worries!
Basic Guidelines In Transporting
If you’re wondering how to transport it without having the cake melt, there are a few things you can do.
First, if the weather is warm, put the cake in the refrigerator for a few hours before transporting it. This will help keep the cake cool during transport.
If you’re going to be driving for more than an hour, consider packing the cake in a cooler with some ice packs. When you’re ready to transport the cake, wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to help keep the heat out.
Alternatively, you could place the cake in an airtight container. For extra protection from melting, you could also place the container inside another larger container filled with ice.
Just make sure the cake is wrapped up so that no air can get in and cause it to melt.
14 Tips When Transporting
1. Make sure your cake is chilled before transporting it. It should be stored in the freezer until you are ready to transport it.
2. If you are transporting a store-bought cake, ask the shop assistant to pack it using an insulated bag with ice packs.
3. If you are making your cake, use an insulated cooler bag or box lined with foil and filled with ice packs.
4. Place the cake on a flat surface in the car so that it doesn’t tip over.
5. Do not leave the cake in direct sunlight or a hot car for too long, as this will cause the ice cream to melt.
6. When you arrive at your destination, you can place it in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to serve it.
7. To prevent your cake from melting on the way home, try to transport it during cooler hours such as early morning or evening.
8. If you are driving a long distance, stop at a restaurant or cafe halfway and ask them to store your cake in their freezer for a few hours.
9. Never transport using a soft-sided cooler, as this will not be cold enough.
10. You can pack it in a hard-sided cooler and make sure it is stored in the overhead compartment or a checked bag.
11. Never put it in the trunk of a car, as this will cause it to melt.
12. If you are having trouble fitting your cake into the cooler bag or box, try freezing it in individual slices. This will make it easier to transport and will also help keep it from melting.
13. If you are using a plastic container to transport your cake, line it with wax paper or parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking.
14. Never put it in the fridge or freezer unless it is wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
How To Store Without Freezer
Here are some tips on storing without a freezer:
1. Keep the cake in a cool, dry place. An ideal location would be a pantry or cupboard away from any heat sources.
2. Dry Ice can be used and putting it in a cooler is the best option.
3. If possible, wrap the cake in plastic wrap or aluminum foil tightly to keep it fresh for longer.
4. If the weather is particularly warm, you may need to store the cake in the refrigerator for short periods to prevent it from melting.
5. Check on the cake regularly to make sure it is holding up well and has not started to melt or go bad.
How Long Can It Last In A Room Temperature?
Ideally, you should try to eat the cake within 2-3 hours of taking it out of the freezer. If the weather is warm or the cake is left out for too long, it may start to melt and become a mushy mess. To help prevent this, store the cake in a cool, dry place away from any heat sources.
If possible, wrapping the cake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil will also help keep it fresh for longer. If the weather is particularly warm, you may need to store the cake in the refrigerator for short periods to prevent it from melting.
Types Of Cooler To Use
There are a few different types of coolers that you can use when transporting:
1. Hard-sided cooler – This is the best option as it will keep the cake cold and prevent it from melting.
2. Insulated bag – This will also keep the cake cold and is a good alternative if you don’t have a hard-sided cooler.
3. Soft-sided cooler – This is not the best option as it will not keep the cake cold enough and could cause it to melt.
4. Plastic container – If you don’t have a cooler, you can try using a plastic container lined with wax paper or parchment paper. However, this is not the ideal option as it won’t keep the cake as cold as a cooler would.
5. Refrigerator – If you are only transporting the cake a short distance, you can try storing it in the refrigerator. However, this is not recommended for long distances as the cake could melt.
For long distances, it is best to stop at a restaurant or cafe halfway and ask them to store the cake in their freezer for a few hours. This will help keep the cake cold and prevent it from melting.
Overall, in this article, we provided some tips on how to transport and store an ice cream cake without a freezer. It is important to keep the cake in a cool, dry place away from any heat sources. Wrapping the cake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil can help prevent it from melting. If the weather is warm, it may be necessary to store the cake in the refrigerator for short periods. Checking on the cake regularly will ensure that it is fresh and has not gone bad. Thanks for reading!